VITAMIN D-3 -37,5mcg/ 1500iu - 100 tablets - VITAVIVA
WHAT IS VITAMIN D?
Vitamin D is not really a vitamin in the traditional sense, because we are able to form it through the skin, once our skin is exposed to UV-B rays from the sun. The formation occurs in the skin from cholesterol. The suns rays have to be strong and the skin has to be directly exposed in order for our bodies to form enough natural vitamin D3 - also referred to as the sunshine vitamin.
Deficiency is therefore particularly common in countries north of the equator.
The sun is the main source to Vitamin D, however you also get small amounts of Vitamin D from egg, liver, cheese and fatty fish.
RELEVANT FOR YOU?
Vitamin D is a very important vitamin for your overall health. It contributes to the below processes:
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels and to the maintenance of normal muscle function.
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus.
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division.
Vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone in children and contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
You get 100 tablets with 37,5 mcg Vitamin D3 per tablet. This will supply you for 100 days.